Fear of flying – if you have a fear of flying that affects your ability to travel I suggest a course of Hypnotherapy which can be used effectively to treat fear of flying.
Natural remedy to help fear of flying – a blend of Essential oils such as ‘Organic Remedies to Roll for Travel’, available from Neal’s Yard Remedies to roll on pulse points will relieve stress & anxiety. The oils will also restore energy when fatigued or affected by jet lag
Travel Sickness – if travel sickness makes your journey a misery – I advise Sea Bands available from chemists can be worn on the wrist and are effective by exerting pressure on an acupuncture point (pericardium 6 which is found 3 finger breadths away from the wrist crease in between the two tendons)
Natural remedies for Insect Bites –can make your holiday a misery – I suggest the following natural remedies to reduce the risk of being bitten
- Eat less sugary foods as insects love sweet blood so eat more bitter foods such as chicory, endive & radicchio lettuce.
- Increase Vit B1, which is an insect repellent and any excess will be excreted through the skin. This should be taken as a B complex such as Viridian High One VitB1with B-Complex 1 daily for 1 month before travel £6.40 for 30
- Neem Oil is a natural insect repellent –Neem Care Insect Repellent from Bioforce £5.00
If you do happen to be bitten – I recommend
- Tea Tree Oil to alleviate inflammation caused by bites .
Natural remedies for upset stomach
I recommend the following precautions to avoid a troubled stomach
- Avoid raw uncooked food, ice in drinks, foods which may have been previously frozen, peel all fruit, drink bottled water.
- Grapefruit seed extract is a natural disinfectant which has been shown to have anti bacterial, antifungal and anti parasitic action. It can be used internally & externally. It is available as ‘Citricidal’ liquid from Higher Nature – 4-12 drops can be taken daily by adding to water or juice.
- Probiotics are essential to maintain a healthy gut – Biocare TravelGuard contains beneficial bacteria and also garlic, clove oil & oregano to soothe and heal the gut
If stomach symptoms occur have fluids only until feeling better – add Grapefruit seed extract (Citricidal) to glass of water 3 times a day and continue probiotics to replace good gut flora
Natural remedies for Sunburn or Heat Rash
I recommend the following to strengthen & protect the skin during periods of excessive light exposure
- Vit C, Vit E Zinc, Lycopene & beta carotene available as a complex formulated for travel Solarguard from Biocare
- Aloe Vera gel will soothe & heal damaged skin.
My absolute holiday necessities
- Tea Tree Oil – can be used topically to treat insect bites
- Probiotics – essential to ensure healthy gut bacteria
- AloeVera gel to soothe inflamed skin
- Grapefruit seed extract(Citricidal) can be used internally or externally to treat all bacterial , fungal or parasitic infections